What is your return policy?
The Children's Place Return and Exchange Policy
- We will gladly accept unwashed, unworn merchandise, with original sales receipt, with original sales tag attached, and within 45 days.
- All returns are subject to verification of original sale. We reserve the right to limit returns regardless of receipt.
- Merchandise may only be returned or exchanged in the country in which it was originally purchased.
- No returns or exchanges on Halloween merchandise after Halloween.
Where returns are accepted:
- Purchases made at a PLACE Retail Location can ONLY be returned to a PLACE Retail Location- they cannot be returned to an Outlet Location
- Purchases made at an Outlet Location can ONLY be returned to an Outlet Location- they cannot be returned to a PLACE Retail Location
- Purchases made online at www.childrensplace.com can be returned through the mail or to any of our PLACE Retail Locations with the following exceptions:
- Some items identified online, on your packing slip or on the tag as Online Exclusives can ONLY be returned by mail
- NOTE: Slim, Husky and Plus sized items can be returned via mail OR to a PLACE Retail Location
- To locate PLACE Retail Locations and Outlet Locations, please visit our store locator.
With the original sales receipt:
- In-store refunds are issued in the original form of payment, unless a store credit is requested. A receipt and credit card used to make the purchase are required. In the event that the original form of payment is not available, the customer will receive a merchandise credit.
- After 45 days, a merchandise credit will be issued based on the item’s current selling price. NOTE: Merchandise credits cannot be redeemed online.
- In the event a purchase was made by check, a 10-day waiting period is required for cash refunds; otherwise, a merchandise credit will be issued. Merchandise credits cannot be redeemed for cash or used toward credit card payments.
With a Gift Receipt:
- If the return is within 45 days of purchase, you will receive a full refund in the form of a Gift Card.
- After 45 days you will receive the current selling price of the merchandise in the form of a Gift Card.
Without the original sales receipt:
- Returns will not be accepted without the original sales receipt.
- Exchanges can be processed for the same item in a different size.
- Please review in-store return policy for additional deals.
Return and Exchange Policy for Orders Placed Online
- Merchandise may be returned by mail or to any of our retail stores within 45 days of the original purchase date.
- Please Note: Certain items and online purchases may be subject to additional return restrictions as noted on the tag, packing slip or posted online, for example some items cannot be returned to a store.
- Exchanges for an online purchase cannot be completed by Mail, but can be made at our store locations. You can also just return the item to our online store for a credit. Certain items and online purchases may be subject to additional return restrictions as noted on the tag, packing slip or posted online.
- The restrictions and conditions stated in the Return and Exchange Policy above apply.
To Return by Mail
- Complete the Return Form (the bottom portion of your packing slip), including Quantity Returned and Reason Code found on the reverse side of your packing slip.
- Include your contact information in case we need to contact you regarding your return.
- Detach the pre-addressed return label at the bottom of the form and set aside.
- Pack your merchandise with the return form securely inside.
- Attach the pre-addressed return label to the outside packet and ship it to the address below.
- We advise selecting an insured mail service; we are not responsible for items that we do not receive.
- Packages must be prepaid by you; COD deliveries will not be accepted.
1377 Airport Road
Ft. Payne, AL 35968
- Unfortunately, we cannot refund original or return shipping fees.
- If you are returning a gift and prefer to receive a Gift Card for the total amount rather than have the original purchaser's credit card refunded, please check the appropriate box on the return form.
- Please note that exchanges cannot be processed online. If you would like to exchange an item, you can either visit one of our retail stores or return the original item and place a new order separately.
- Refunds are only issued to the credit card used when the order was originally placed if within 45 days. After 45 days, you will receive a Gift Card that can be used online or in one of our stores.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks for your refund to post on your account once we receive the package.
- Merchandise purchased in our stores cannot be returned to the address above, but may be returned to any of our retail stores – see below for details.
Returns & Exchanges to a store
- In-store refunds are issued in the original form of payment, unless a store credit is requested. A packing slip, photo ID and credit card used to make the purchase are required. In the event that the original form of payment is not available, the customer will receive a merchandise credit. We cannot refund original or return shipping fees, unless required by law.
- If you do not have a packing slip, click on the Order Status section on childrensplace.com which will enable you to search for and print your order.
- We cannot research online orders at our retail stores.